ECM Education has updated this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to the privacy of our customers and visitors to our site, and as a consequence of the changes we’ve made due to GDPR legislation. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for ECM Education as a Data Controller.
Legal Basis: Personal data is held where it has met the following conditions.
- We have asked schools and academies for a contact name and some details to allow you to do business with us. This is a B2B (Business to Business) relationship in which we are the data controller and the school contact is the data subject. Information is collected during our meetings, telephone conversations, letters, e-mails with you and through the completion of order/booking forms and fact finds or via online submission forms.
- Where the personal data elements relating to the post holder have been published by the employing organisation. Post holder data is not shared publicly. Post holder data is recorded and used to ensure effective and efficient communication with the organisations, posts and responsibilities listed.
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation
4. For the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by the controller, except where such interests are overridden by the interests, right or freedoms of the data subject.
Visitors to our website:
When someone visits www.ecm-educationconsultants.co.uk we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
If you wish to opt out of Google Analytics you can do this by opting out of the use of the Google Analytics cookies, or by clearing the cookies after you have left the website.
People who email us
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
How we may use your personal information
We may collect and store the following information from you: name and job title, contact information, including email address and mobile number, dietary information (if you are attending an ECM training course) and demographic information such as postcode. We will not collect any personal data from you we do not need in order to provide and oversee the service we offer.
We may collect, store, and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to make this website available to you and to provide you with content which is tailored to your individual tastes;
- to provide you with services that you request and to respond to any enquiries you submit through the website; and
- monitor, develop and improve the services and/or your experience
- internal record keeping
- to send promotional emails and information about products you have purchased, special offers and information we think you might find interesting using the email address you have provided.
Our site uses a form to help us manage requests. We collect contact information (like email addresses). Contact information is used to respond to enquiries, or get in touch with you when necessary. If at any time you wish to stop receiving information from ECM Education please contact us and we will update our records accordingly.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. All instances of unauthorised attempted access to our site are logged and investigated. Where necessary ECM Education will inform law enforcement agencies or other relevant organisations regarding misconduct.
ECM Education respects the privacy of email accounts and we store your email addresses just as securely as other information on our site. However, we may use email to keep you up to date with news about products, services and offers that we think may be of interest to you. If you do not want to be kept informed in this way by email, please let us know or by choosing the unsubscribe option within the email.
You can also email email@example.com or telephone 0844 335 1022 and ask to be ‘opted out’ of marketing.
Where we store your personal data:
ECM Education use several data storage methods which include:
- Electronically via our externally hosed IBM Notes platform on a secure server. The server resides in the UK.
- Manually in paper records kept in a locked office
- In cloud based systems including Microsoft email exchange servers on OneDrive
- Electronically on laptop computers with encryption, and encrypted external hard drives.
Information held on the IBM Notes system and iCloud is securely backed up and your data encrypted to protect your data from cyber-attacks and on-line hackers and manual records are stored in secure locked offices.
How your information will be used and who might it be shared with:
We have to hold the details of the people who have requested the service in order to provide it. However, we only use these details to provide the service the person has requested and for other closely related purposes.
We keep your data for:
We will retain any information held in manual files or electronically for 7 years after the end of our relationship unless we are required to retain this information for legal reasons. We will not retain your information for longer than is necessary.
Your personal data is processed by us by our staff in the UK.
ECM Education take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your account and to provide the products and services you have requested from us or are, in our professional opinion, directly applicable to you.
We will not use your information or share your information with any other company for marketing purposes. If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving marketing material at any time please use the contact details at the bottom of this notice or select unsubscribe on the marketing email you wish to unsubscribe from.
Your rights of access:
Under the GDPR you have a right to obtain a copy of the personal information that we hold about you free of charge. If you believe that any information held is incorrect or incomplete, you should contact us (see contact details below). Any information that is found to be incorrect or incomplete will be amended promptly.
You may have the right to request the deletion or removal of your personal data if you feel there is no compelling reason for its continued processing.
Your right to Data Portability:
You have the right to request us to transmit your data directly to another organisation which we will undertake if this is technically feasible. We will respond to your request within one month and if we are unable to action a request we will explain why.
Your right to object:
Under the GDPR you have the right to object to us processing personal data based on grounds relating to your particular situation. If you object to us processing your personal data we will stop unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or, the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
The Company reserves the right to change this Privacy Statement. The Company will provide notification of the material changes to this Privacy Statement through the Company’s Web sites at the time the change takes effect.
Your Right to Complain:
You have a right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office if you feel there is a problem with the way ECM Education is handling your data. Please contact https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/
Your acceptance of these terms:
By using this Web site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Web site. Your continued use of the Web site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
If you need any further information or need to contact us please write, telephone or email us at:
ECM Education Limited (registered address)
Ivy Cottage, Pant Lane,
Telephone: 0844 335 1022
This document was last updated on 20/5/2018